Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Countdown to 2008



Marina Bay, Singapore
Year 2007 had been good to me; I met a lot of new friends, found a new job at British Telekom after three years of working with +Hp, having my own business in the Philippines and giving me good opportunity in everything I want to do especially in the field of photography. This year I won the second place for the PVi Photographer of the year 2007 which is not bad for a newbie like me, I hope I can do it better this year (2008) and win a lot of photo contest so I can earn some exposure to the public and "be the man" (I Wish, hehehehe).














As a photographer many of us is very keen to have a nice and wonderful capture of any fireworks diplay. Fireworks displays are certainly stunning and colorful. Capturing those moments with a camera is a challenge. Because it is done during end of the year at midnight so many steps you need to consider likes :

1. Scouting the area for a great place to shoot where the fireworks pontoon will be placed and fired before the actual event.
2. Getting early as possible on the day of the event, because not only you will be watching or capturing the fireworks display.
3. Preparing your necessary gears like Tripod, Remote cable, extra battery, flashlight, raincoat for you & and to your camera, Food & drinks, and lastly make sure you have a lot of memory cards because staying early on the area will be boring while waiting so many of you will be shooting anything that comes to your mind, am I correct ?
4. Stay focused - You need to set your lens to infinity then put it manual mode, autofocus will not be effective at night during fireworks display.
5. Timing - Exposure or shutter speed is something you need to pay attention when shooting fireworks.
6. Take lots of pictures, be creative, and have fun!

I hope that year "2008" will be still good to me and make my life simple and fruitful.




I wish all of us have a peaceful year and make mother earth as happy it should be. :)

"HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL"

No comments: